Cool Change

If there's one thing in my life that's missing
It's the time that I break a sweat
Time for a cool change....

Monday, January 25, 2010

Skippin' Skool for an Adventure

At 211 degrees water is hot. At 212 it is boiling and there is steam. That one degree makes all the difference...On Friday I took a little time off to celebrate the difference one little degree can make by meeting my sisters at Adventure 212 in Stevens Point.

The Adventure began with a ski at Standing Rocks with Michelle, president of Adventure 212, and my sister-in-law, Margaret. The trails were absolutely wonderful - even had "first tracks" in some sections. Brought back many fine memories of the days when Tim and I would spend hours on those trails - pre and post kids - training for the Birkie...Margaret made a feable attempt to infect me with Birkie Fever, but I wasn't sharing that cup of nonsense...fond memories will suffice for now.

After the big ski, we followed Michelle to 212. All I can say is, "Oh my gosh!" This place is phenonmenal. The ambiance is delightful. The food is delicious. The amenities are plentiful. And the staff is warm, welcoming and professional.

My other sisters, Lisa and Mary, joined us at the spa where we indulged in facials and scrubs and massages. Sheer decadence.

What a difference one little degree can make...


No comments:

Post a Comment